Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information BullyGuard may collect and how we may use it.
What personal information we collect
- When you create a BullyGuard account, register your products or services, purchase a product or service, download a software application or update, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information. The name that you assign to any monitored device that you set up to generate Alerts will also be added to your account information for service purposes. We do not collect any information on the user of the monitored device, except for the actual Alerts that are generated from their communications. We do not see or collect the entire content of the communications that generate Alerts, only the keywords that trigger the Alerts.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to provide you with the BullyGuard services, keep you posted on BullyGuard’s latest product and service announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by sending us an email advising us that you wish to do so at email@example.com.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as Alerts, communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with BullyGuard, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve BullyGuard’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, postal code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where a BullyGuard product or service is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
If you want to disable cookies check with your provider or the instructions on your browser to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the BullyGuard service and website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. BullyGuard may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the BullyGuard website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times BullyGuard may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with BullyGuard to provide products and services, or that help BullyGuard market to customers. If you are approved for service, your account will be governed by BullyGuard and your carrier’s respective privacy policies. Personal information will only be shared by BullyGuard to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
BullyGuard shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located in various jurisdictions.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for BullyGuard to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
BullyGuard takes the security of your personal information very seriously. BullyGuard protects your personal information using encryption such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) throughout its website.
When you use some BullyGuard™ products, services, or applications or post on a BullyGuard forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information is accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account at www.bullyguard.com , to confirm your information and advising us of any changes by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if BullyGuard is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13 without first receiving verifiable parental consent we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. We do retain the name that a BullyGuard account holder assigns to monitored devices on their account, for the purpose of sending Alerts as part of our services. Thus, if the name you give to a child’s monitored device contains personal information of that child, such as their name, we may inadvertently collect it. The only use we would make of such information would be to use it to identify the monitored device when we communicate with the BullyGuard account holder, for instance, by sending an Alert.
To provide location-based services on BullyGuard™ products, BullyGuard and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer, mobile phone or other monitored device. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by BullyGuard and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, we may share geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
Some location-based services offered by BullyGuard, such as the “Heartbeat” feature, require your personal information for the feature to work.
Third-Party Sites and Services
BullyGuard websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties − for example, a third-party mobile phone app. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to BullyGuard employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.